Monday, June 04, 2007

Monday

It is turning into Monday with a vengeance! I got up in good time this morning after a fairly good nights sleep and simply wanted to go back to bed. Instead, I dragged myself out of the house, on time mind you, and headed off to the gym. I even remembered to bring my phone and all the other accoutrement that we seem to require in order to make it through any given day in the modern age.

Once at the gym, I had a really tough time making it through my Monday routine. My gym mojo was definitely MIA. Still, I made it through. I got the train to work in a timely fashion, and I somehow managed not to get soaked in spite of the unseasonably cold and drizzly weather.

I then tried to log onto my computer. Tried being the operative word here. Ol' Bessy, which isn't even that old, seems to be having some sort of major nervous breakdown. Happily, I had my laptop with me and I have all the certificates on my computer so that when push comes to shove I can work from home. IT Billy was responsible for this as one of his last acts before heading off to the more verdant fields offered by Google.

All in all it is just turning into one of those days. Nothing spectacularly awful is going on, just lots of small irritations. Our new IT contractor took it's time to get here and fix the computer. People have been locking themselves out of offices and desks. Commencement is in a few days and lots of last minute crap seems to keep popping up, and I am just not in the mood.

It is far from the end of the world, but whatever happened to the childhood dream of doing whatever you wanted once you were an adult. Maybe that's it. At 52, I still don't feel like a grown up.