Sunday, September 09, 2007

The winner is....

Mike and I had to get out our tiaras and sashes this weekend. It was Fensfest, the annual get together for our garden society, where they barbeque, sell hot dogs, try and raise a little cash and hand out awards for gardens.

I, slave to beauty that I am, had gone off to the gym first, so imagine my surprise when I came back to the gardens and saw this!



At the risk of sounding insincere, I think I was even more pleased when I saw this attached to Mikey's fence.



Setting aside for the moment that he is a friend and also chock full of shirtless Mikey hotness, Mike is a very good gardener and richly deserving of some recognition. He has transformed 2 neglected plots into a wonderfully well thought out garden.

I on the other hand was a bit embarrassed. I have been neglecting my garden over the past 2 or 3 weeks and it is turning into an overgrown jungle. I have justified this neglect because I am planning on some serious changes. Paths are going to be widened, and beds and plantings seriously edited and reduces in size. As it stands at the moment you need a machete to get through the overgrowth.

I will say this, it is still pretty damned colorful, and I know that it has me swearing a blue streak. It's going to be a bitch spending the rest of the summer gardening in a gown and spike heels.

The sacrifices I make for being fabulous! Well, at least I feel like I am being appreciated.