Monday, September 10, 2007

Last rose of summer






My yellow rose is making one last showing. It is getting a bit late, and really is more the season for the Sweet Autumn Clematis. I am still waiting for my Montauk Daisy to show signs that it is going to do something. It has become pretty huge this year, but so far no sign of buds! I am wondering what that is all about and if the crazy weather is the reason why it may not do anything in the lines of flowers this year.

Starting this weekend I will be out in the garden with a shovel and a wheelbarrow. The annuals are coming out paths are going to be widened and the layout and plants rethought. It should be an interesting project and I am hoping that I will have some success with a less is more approach.

I love my garden, but at this point there really is too much of a good thing. I'm hoping with a simplified design that it will be more appealing and show off some of efforts better. You will undoubtedly be bored with lots of pictures during the process.