Saturday, September 15, 2007

Scrambled eggs

I am taking the next week off from work! I've earned it. Besides, it was generally considered at the office that I really needed some time off since I had begun to dribble and babble. As far as I can remember they haven't had to hide any dead bodies, so I think that things will be okay when I get back into the office to face down a weeks worth of backlog.

To celebrate, I made myself scrambled eggs with chorizo and home fries. Ordinarily, breakfast tends to consist of a protein shake and a handful of vitamins. Today, I felt like I had earned a big, not necessarily that good for you, breakfast.

The day had started out rainy and chilled. Not actually a bad way to start off a vacation. I did not feel any burning need to go out and do anything. It was a perfect morning to laze around. I eventually wandered off in the direction of Starbucks to meet Wahz at his office. The nice thing about Wahz's retirement is that I know where to find him any morning of the week at 8:30. We spent and hour or so discussing such vital subjects as our season subscription for Opera Boston, our gym routines, exactly how annoying the Sox fans are and our schadenfreude over the discomfort of the yuppies of Back Bay and Beacon Hill if the plan goes ahead to pursue construction on a tunnel on Storrow Drive at night, rather than reroute it over the park land on the Esplanade.

Back home I thought about doing some long overdue housework. Then I thought about a nap and the nap won the contest. All in all it has started off as a good break from work. The weather seems like it's going to cooperate. It is suppose to be sunny and in the 60's. Perfect weather to work in the garden. I am going to go to a plant sale tomorrow with C. and all in all, I am hoping relaxation will ensue. Who knows, I might even fire off a few synapses and start posting on a regular basis again.