Sunday, September 16, 2007

Lazy Sunday, sorta.

It has been a pretty eventful Sunday. I went off at 8:00 this morning with C. to the Arboretum plant sale. These things are rather like the "Running of the Brides" wedding gown sale that they have at Filene's basement. Only with WASP's in chino's, topsiders and silly canvas hats.

I arrive at these things prepared. I have the catalog marked up, or I have a cheat sheet with the plants I want. There is no deviation and I am through the sale faster than Ex-Lax.

Among this years prizes are an Arborvitae, a caryopteris, a couple of Maiden Hair ferns, 2 different varieties of daphne and a really cool, prehistoric looking fern called polystichum. All for 42 bucks. Not bad.

I got home and had some coffee and then RG came over around noon and we had a fun filled Sunday afternoon of window shopping and people watching. We went over to the Cambrige Galleria Mall, so we could stop by the Apple Store. RG wanted to drool over the iMac's since he is scoring a new computer. I have been giving him shit about buying a desktop, just to yank his chain, but he followed my advice and snagged himself a 1700.00 computer for 1100.00 by getting a refurbished computer off the Apple site. Pretty sweet, huh? At any rate once he gets this thing he will disappear off the face of the earth, so I'd better enjoy his company while it lasts. Though, I can always suggest that people watching might be as good as it was today.

I don't know what was going on, but there was some sort of hot male convention in town or something, because the 2 of us were leaving puddles of drool all over Boston. I'm not joking. Much hotness was wandering around. RG pointed out that I am as big of a pig as he is, though I reminded him that I am a picky pig, which got us off on a tangent about Warner Bros. cartoons, but that is a topic for another post.

RG discovered something today about me, so I'd better out myself before he does. I knit. Yes, it's true. Actually, I make pretty nice sweaters and someday I may even post a picture or 2, though I feel a bit like that would not be much different than boring people with pictures of grandkids. Smile, smile, nod, nod (Oh God, make it stop!)

Tomorrow morning I intend to descend on the garden, armed with a shovel and a wheelbarrow and start the landscaping renovations. I will bring my camera and get before, and hopefully after shots. I've got the whole week, but I'd like to get in a few other activities other than just gardening. I'm hoping to see Mikey during the course of the week out in the garden, however, it is getting pretty cool out there so I can't promise any more shirtless Mike this year.