Saturday, April 26, 2008

Gardening

I spent some quality time with the garden this morning. I had just received some new plants from White Flower on Thursday and wanted to get my new acquisitions into the ground.

However, my long term residents are starting to do there stuff, so I figured they needed some love too.



My Vibernum is starting to bloom and it smells just heavenly.

A big surprise were the Daphne's that I bought on a whim last year at the plant sale at the Arboretum. They are a notoriously temperamental plant and I honestly didn't expect them to survive the winter. Not bad for 5 bucks a pop.




While I was working, these guys stopped by for a snack at the thistle sock that I put out. I love goldfinches.





Since I had the camera out, and it has all these bells and whistles I decided to do some artsy shots of my spring bulbs with the macro setting.






I was a little disappointed that I did not see a bare chested Mikey while I was gardening, but the season is young.

I'll be posting more pictures over the weekend, but as you can see I am back in my garden so be prepared to be bored to tears. It's going to be like some old dame in the airport insisting you look at ALL the pictures she has of her grandkids.