Wednesday, August 29, 2007

One of those days

Going to the dentist this morning and finding out I need 4 teeth crowned was the best part of my day. I'm not joking.

By the time 2:00 rolled around I was ready to douse myself with gasoline set myself alight, jump from the roof onto a pile of sharp rocks. If I could have figured a way to arrange a convoy of semi's to then come barreling through, I would have done it.

I have been really busy lately with one big project, and a lot of little projects. The big project looked as though it was doomed to failure. I had been having to deal with a group of people, all of whom had opinions. All different. Decisions kept getting delayed, people kept changing their minds and the clock was running. Somehow, I managed to bring it in on time. This involved a certain amount of begging, pleading and groveling, but I did it.

That is when all the small projects decided to turn to shit.

You are probably asking, "Where's Monkey?" The answer is buried alive under the steaming pile of shit that has been dumped on him. The most that either of us have been able to do for each other has been to occasionally drag each other away from our respective desks, in order to prevent us from doing harm to ourselves or others.

So, imagine my surprise when I got a call from a florist asking for directions to my office. A short while later I was in possession of a big basket of cookies directed to me and the Monkey. RG having heard ALL about our recent travails decided we needed cheering up.

Yes, a glorious basket of sugar and carbohydrates! If you think I give a shit about my diet at this point, you are sadly mistaken. I don't think we are planning on sharing and since there are no asshole cookies, we won't be giving any to our oppressors either.