Friday, March 16, 2007

Gettin' much?

Yesterday over at JMG, the open thread for the day was "Sex without love, or love without sex?" It was a pretty lively time on the comments, but what gave me pause were all the guys who were saying "now that I'm (insert age over 45) I am not that interested in sex." WTF?

As someone who will never see 50 again, all I can say is that I'm still happy to do the driving, my problem is finding someone who wants to get on the bus! Geez Louise, guys, what are you eating?

I'll admit, I thought when I was younger that my sex drive would kind of dry up and blow away once I got past, say 40. Not so much. I also thought that it was a little unseemly for anyone over a certain age to be engaging in the horizontal mambo. Not that that stopped me from participating in some fun and games with men who were rather richer in years.

Now that I am in that demographic, and some of my friends are either pushing or past 60, I can say that there are plenty of other men out there that are still willing to get into the game and take one for the team.

I am not sure why this bugged me so much. Do I feel like these guys have succumbed to the youth culture and have just given up, or do I feel envy because they have outgrown a need for sex and can now dedicate their extra energy to, I don't know, macrame?

It gave me something to think about, but I'll have to get back to you on it. I have a hot date coming up.