Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Liberty Station

The diet is dead. Long live the diet. But not for 3 days. I had a session with the trainer today. I am going to be switching over to a low carb diet to loose some of the fat I put on during this bulk phase of my workout. But not until Friday. For the next 3 days I get to eat anything I want, and only in human quantities if I so choose.

I have to admit I am a little freaked out. I now weigh 160, which for a man the same height as Mickey Rooney is some serious tonnage. The thing is my pants still fit. I am having one of my unreasonable panics where I am convinced that I am too fat, and yet too skinny. I know. I never said my self image made any sense.

Regardless of where I am with things, it is a relief to not have to think about eating every waking moment. I had a cherry danish after the gym. It was good, but honestly it has been so long since I have indulged in crap in any meaningful way, it wasn't as big of a thrill as I would have hoped. I will have to see if I can cram some chocolate in there before the new diet starts.

I'm not sure exactly what I will and won't be able to eat, but I know I will be seriously cutting back on carbs so I better get as much bread in as I can over the next couple of days. Any and all food sin suggestions will be taken under consideration. I've only got a couple of days so you'd better hurry. 'Cause after that it will be back to the grind.

I'd better look human this year in a bathing suit or there's gonna be trouble.