Saturday, January 27, 2007

Self starter

I was suppose to go into the gym last night after work, but I got a call from the receptionist that my trainer had to go home due to illness. I am hoping I did not give him my cold, but I am kind of doubting it, since our symptoms sound quite different. I am hoping case of yuck I seem to be finally fighting off will cancel out his stomach flu.

I really don't like going into the gym in the evening (too crowded) so I have put off my workout til this morning. The ball is in my court now, and so I have to start putting into practice some of the crap that I have in theory been learning. So to that end I have had my flax seed oil and my protein shake and am just killing some time until I can leave for the gym. Saturday they don't open till 8, which I'll admit is nice for the people working the desk, but is a pain in the ass for early riser me. By then I have been up for at least 3 hours and my ambition to go and swing weights around is already starting to flag. I think in order to have a successful workout, I need to be half asleep when I leave the house, so that I don't realize what I am about to do to myself until I am actually at the gym and it's too late.

The good news is that I get to treat myself to a bagel or something similar afterwards since my body will need some yummy carbohydrates and sugar after. This at least will make a nice dent in the healthy, low fat, low carb, high protein force feedings I am putting myself through. If anyone ever told me I'd have trouble gaining weight, I would have laughed my ass off. Who knew?