Thursday, September 25, 2008

Age discrimination

I had stepped out to indulge in a quick smoke and had wandered over to a more secluded area than usual, just to get some peace and quiet because working with Excel spreadsheets all day is making my brain hurt.

A minute or 2 later I saw my office mates come trooping out the door. They plunked down and after a few exchanges of shading our eyes and peering dramatically at each other, it was clear that if I wanted company I was going to have to get up and traipse over to them. Which I did.

When I got over to them, they announced that they were lazy. I suggested that they should be ashamed of themselves, because I am pretty much twice their age.

Co-worker 1: Yeah, but you are in better shape than all 3 of us put together.

They all looked at each other and nodded.

Co-worker 2: Shit! You have more muscle mass than all 3 of us put together.

Once again, they looked at each other, this time nodding vigorously.

I suppose I should feel complimented, but I still say they are just plain lazy.