Tuesday, June 17, 2008

On Saturday, I decided to get my pride on by going to the North Shore and visiting the Niece. She has just purchased a house and I had yet to see it. Traveling up there I have 2 options. One is to take the subway out to Wonderland and have her drive to Revere to pick me up. The other option is to take the commuter rail from North Station to Salem which is only one town over from her new place of residence.

I decided on the commuter rail. The ride is actually pretty nice for reasons I can't explain rationally. It could just be the novelty factor. I rarely use the commuter rail. It also tends to be a lot less crowded, at least on weekends.

So, still not feeling 100%, I headed off to into the public transit system. I got to North Station, switched from the subway to the commuter rail and headed north. One of the things about taking the train out of town is that you pass through an industrial wasteland. I don't know why, but there is something about it that fascinates me. Fortunately, I had my camera with me, so I snapped a few shots of the train heading out of Boston and environs.









Oh, and if any of you are saying, "What's so gay about going to visit your niece?", we spent most of our time looking at paint chips and talking color schemes. How gay is that?

(BTW, honey. Don't buy any paint until we've talked some more about it. We need to talk more about accent colors)