Monday, January 14, 2008

Natures skin care

I am sitting in my office while a snowstorm rages outside. While most of the other schools in the area were able to display some common sense and close, we on the other hand stayed open.

In spite of the fact that there are no classes and probably 80% of the staff commutes in from the outer burbs, we are open. The fact that there will be an enormous absenteeism rate today and consequently it will be next to impossible to get anything done leaves the forces that be undeterred. We are open.

I also predict that we will close early. Which will tick me off even further, since it means that I will get to traipse back home in this crap, when I could have been sensibly ensconced in my nice, warm, dry apartment.

On the upside, as RG has pointed out, walking in a blizzard does a great job at exfoliating your face. I'm positively radiant!