Thursday, December 13, 2007

Snow day

We were given our lunch break in the seminar. I ducked out to grab something to eat, as I came out the door a couple of snow flakes fell down. Then, I guess they were motivated by our speakers and began to behave in a dynamic and proactive way. They optimized their resources and decided to act in an exciting and effective manner, maximizing their impact and creating a tangible and effective change in their work environment.

In other words it started to snow like hell. Did I mention it is also is colder than a witches tit in a brass bra. (Another useful Vermontism.)

The forces that be decided to close the school, so I was able to wander off, free as bird.

I was grousing to myself. What a bunch of big babies! It's not that bad! Then I got to Memorial Drive, looked across the river to where Boston is suppose to be, and damn if some bastard hadn't stolen it! Seriously. The Charles is not all that wide and you could not see across the river to Boston.

I am figuring we got a little over an inch the first hour and this is suppose to keep up until midnight. Getting into work is going to be so much fun tomorrow.

On the upside, I did get out of the class early and I am home drinking tea. The walk home was not that bad, and I beat at least one bus into town by walking. I am pretty well provisioned so I don't think I will actually have to go out in this mess again. High school really never does end. Snow days still rock, even when you are on the far side of the middle age hill.

UPDATE 4 hours into the storm and we already have about 6 inches of snow, this may be worse than I thought.