Thursday, December 13, 2007

Gray day

I am currently killing time at a coffee shop, before heading off to one of those pointless training seminars that workplaces decide are vital for your "development" as an employee. What this is going to entail I am pretty sure, is being psychobabbled at for 8 hours.

The good news is it gets me out of the office for the day. The bad news is that I will be psychobabbled at for 8 hours.

The coffee shop is also getting a mixed review. The breakfast sandwich was pretty good, the coffee is fair and the wi-fi is free. On the downside, there is a herd of very loud teenagers hanging out. What is this shit? It's a school day! I know Xmas vacation hasn't started yet. I know, I know, pretty soon I'm going to wandering around in my slippers wearing pants with the waistband up under my armpits, yelling, "Hey, you kids get off that lawn. I know your mother!"

Well, important lesson learned. I know that there is another joint down the street, with yes, free wi-fi and it is populated by grown-ups. Not that, as I'm sure everyone has noticed, age is any guarantee of reasonable behavior.

They are predicting that the lovely weather that has been clobbering the midwest is now headed our way and we should see it starting sometime this afternoon. I am sure it will work up a nice head of steam by late afternoon to that we can have are really interesting commute home.

Yup. I got the blahs.

Who knows, maybe I'll finally meet Prince Charming in the psychobabble class, we'll run away to someplace warm and live happily ever after, after having discovered the secret to eternal youth. Did I mention he's going to be rich AND generous.

Okay, enough. I have to go off and learn how to implement dynamically or whatever horseshit they will be shoveling up today.

I hope everyone else has a great day and is in a good mood all day long and gets laid and finds a big bag of money. No. Really.