Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Another Lazy Day

Another delightfully lazy day! I worked in the garden for a while this morning and then went home to take a shower before I headed off to the gym (how counterintuitive is that) to work out with Cupcake.

Cupcake is my new trainer. I was passed on to him when my old trainer took a much better job with a more upscale gym. Cupcake is 21, working his way through college and just as cute as can be. The first couple of workouts, he was taking it easy on me I am guessing because I am so ancient. He has since figured out my old trainer wasn't kidding when he introduced us and told Cupcake, "You can beat him up all you want, he's really strong." I shot myself in the foot at any rate when he set up my weights one day, I looked at him, said "You're kidding right?" and put 20 more pounds on the bar. Now I walk out of the gym once a week feeling like I've been hit by a truck, but hey, it's all good.

I went to my favorite coffee shop afterwards to grab some lunch. It was a nice surprise on a couple of levels. The sandwich I ordered, chicken with pesto, tomato and fresh mozzarella on pannini was just delicious and the owner, who I usually see every morning when I am picking up my coffee stopped me to ask me where I'd been. I had always liked this place just because they always seem friendly, and I like it even more now that I know that they actually do pay attention to my coming and going.

I wandered across the Common to the Public Gardens and through Back Bay and then stopped at Trader Joe's to pick up some vegetables to go with dinner. I got so cruised!

I am usually oblivious, but this was a 100 watt stare. I doubt my admirer was all of 30, but what a cutey! I am now in a more full understanding of RG and his stance on the 22 year old that is stalking him. It is very flattering to have a handsome young guy check you out, but I am not sure I would want to pursue it any further. Sure, I am kicking myself a little for not chatting this kid up, but... too young. That's the long and the short of it.

I went to check out my garden to admire the progress that I have made so far and amuse myself watching the gold finches on the finch feeder I bought a few weeks ago. The feeder is set up so that the finches have to hang upside down to feed. A feat that it seems any competitors are unequal to. I also caught site of the hummingbird again. It really seems to like the salvia. I will have to think about plants that will attract hummingbirds next year.

I checked the mail and I have received a book from The Niece, "The Stolen Child" which sounds really good. It is about changelings. I know a bit about folk tales and the idea of the fairies coming and substituting children so I am intrigued by the premise and since The Niece has good taste in books, I think that I will enjoy it. That's about it for todays excitement. I could get used to being a gentleman of leisure.