Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Morning view

I am still pretty much dead from the neck up, however my misery was alleviated somewhat this morning by male hotness. If nothing else I am still able to register when good looking guys walk into the room and 3 of the regulars at my gym, who would qualify as hot in anybodies book were all working out in the free weight room this morning. This was fine, except I kept loosing count of how many crunches I was doing, which is not a bad thing, since I could use with tightening up the old midsection. It was also slightly painful, since I am trying out some more intense movements and, well, ow.

This was all scenery by the way folks. One of these guys isn't batting for my team and the other 2 are way out of my league. That said they are all nice guys and they are a distinct improvement on the morning scenery. I just felt like I needed a drool rag by the time I was done.

Having dutifully attempted to burn off some excess fat, I showered and shaved and then headed off to Park Street to catch the train to work. Standing on the platform was this bald hotty that I have been admiring on my morning commute for a few weeks now. There has been a certain amount of eye contact and smiling that has gone on which has set my little ganomey heart aflutter, so today, somewhat emboldened, I said hello. That was about it, other than a little flirtatious eye contact as we got on the train. Once on the train I noticed 2 things. He has really nice hands. He also had what would appear to be a wedding ring on one of those hands.

Fuck.

I can't say I was surprised. My immediate reaction when I saw this guy was, "He's gotta be taken. They don't leave ones like that just lying around." This isn't going to stop me from trying to chat this character up, I just will now be keeping my expectations realistic.

As a consolation prize, I will be having lunch with this guy, which will not only provide good conversation, but also make me take some time away from my desk. Considering what work life has been like lately, this is a good thing.

Speaking of, I have to go and attend to all of the whiners instead of blogging. Catch ya' later, kids!