Wednesday, April 25, 2007

New Morning








Fucking trees! Literally. Tree pollen started happening, just when I was starting to get over a spring cold. The end result was that if snot was a tradable energy commodity I would have been a one man OPEC. The real problem with all of this is that during the night I would wind up ingesting said substance and then spend the day nauseated. Not a great state of affairs. There are better ways to start the morning than by recycling your coffee.

Yesterday, I called in and spent the day in bed, mostly sleeping, some reading and no other form of entertainment, get your mind out of the gutter.

I woke up rather cranky this morning in spite of the fact that I was feeling noticeably better, and grumbled my way through my coffee, which stayed down for the first time in a couple of days and then headed out the door for work. It only took a few steps in the spring air to make a new man of me. Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, but this late April morning is as temperate as the bard could hope for. We are suppose to get some April showers this afternoon which is fine, because this morning is warm and sunny and the sky is an impossible blue and spring is promising the pleasures of summer.

My inner 20 year old wants to play hooky and be irresponsible and wander the stodgy, familiar streets of this town with fresh eyes. However, duty calls, bills to be paid, people who rely on me and a whole adult life I am sometimes unprepared for. Off to the grind and I will have to take the pleasures of the day as they come.