Monday, November 19, 2007

Pre-paid

I am getting ready for the eating orgy I am planning on Thursday. Saturday and today, I really knocked the shit out of myself at the gym and tomorrow and Wednesday are shaping up to be more ass kicking.

Why, you ask? After all, I'm the guy who is planning quiet day at home, right?

Just because I am going to spend the day on my own reading, doesn't mean I am not going to get into the spirit of the thing. I already have the menu planned. Roast duck, with rosemary, lemon, honey, cranberry sauce. Garlic mashed potatoes and Savoy cabbage. Okay, I know I'm weird, but I love cabbage. For dessert I am making pumpkin pie with a pecan short crust. Salad and snack type food will also feature in there somewhere. Monkey was telling me about asparagus wrapped in prosciutto, which just sounds too good to pass up as an appetizer. The possibility of cheddar biscuits is also looming on the horizon in a tantalizing manner. Basically, I am planning a carbohydrate and fat festival. I might even go crazy and have a glass of wine or 2 with dinner.

Also, to let you know I am not completely pathetic and friendless, I am planning on going to the MFA with a couple of friends on Friday after the gym (hey, I'm going to have to work off the excesses of Thursday) to see this exhibit of decorative arts from the Napoleonic era.

Then it will be a couple of days of goofing off and of course, more penance for enjoying our national celebration of one of my favorite vices. Gluttony.