Friday, March 09, 2007

Mommy, I'm booorrrredddd


I have about exhausted the possibilities of sitting around the house. I have been reading, writing, web surfing and watching movies. I have also been bitching to myself and fending off Alice, who is delighted that she has me all to herself, and pissed off because she keeps getting shooed off my lap. 14 pounds of moggie jumping into your lap when you have active shingles is not something to look forward to, though it has led to a certain amount of excitement for all. Happily for Alice I still can't move too fast, so she has escaped death, and can give me reproachful looks from a safe distance.

I know you are all just dying for me to give a detailed description of the afflicted area. Too bad. I don't even like to look at it. The good news is that the inflammation is going down and I am hoping that I'll be able to button up my pants before the weekend is over. Ordinarily, the Ganome is looking for an excuse to unbutton his pants, but this is just not as much fun. Until this nastiness clears up, the Ganome intends to keep his pants up, at least in public. Umm. I mean in company. While I am sure there are a lot of people we'd like to see in a state of undress regardless of the location, the Ganome is not one of them.

Anyway, thanks everybody for your concern. I also want to say thanks to C., Wahz, Buttermonkey and Fuzzbelly for keeping tabs on me, keeping me company and making sure I am not going to starve or die of boredom.