Saturday, February 03, 2007

Nuthin' much

I seem to be in a mid winter slump. I feel ratty and uninspired. I am in one of those funks where nothing seems to feel right and I am the wrong size for my skin. There are plenty of chores that need to be done and nothing that I want to do. I am tired of everything. I don't feel like doing chores or going to the gym. I want to be entertained but I don't feel like going to the movies or the museum or shopping or reading or blogging. I would just go back to bed, but even that doesn't have much appeal.

This is terrible. I am feeling about as reasonable as a bored 7 year old. I know this too will pass. In part it is this grey time of year that feels dreary even on sunny days. The doldrums will pass in a few days or hours or minutes. That's the thing, you never know what will flip the switch. Well, whether I want to or not I will head out to the gym, to pursue my futile and misguided attempts to see if with enough exercise I can whip myself into vaguely human shape. After that, I don't know. Maybe I should try a little retail therapy. Argh! I have too much crap already. See what I mean?