Sunday, August 27, 2006

Short on brains

I saw this and felt it explained a lot. I now know that it's not my fault that I'm an idiot. It's because I'm 5'3"! Check this out. I am going to have to start a campaign to see if I can qualify for government assistance. It's not my fault, I'm too short to understand anything more complex than "must eat". It brought to mind a report I read a few years ago about perceptions of short men. According to that study the bias was that men under the mean height lacked desirability as breeding partners, were less attractive, were less likely to be fastidious about personal hygiene, lacked leadership qualities and yes were less intelligent.

I told my friend Mike (6') about this article. I then asked him why if tall people in theory enjoyed better health, why do short people live longer? He told me he was sorry, but I was too short to understand the explanation.