Friday, August 18, 2006

Grrrr....


I am blowing off the gym with a clear conscience this morning. I put in a 14 hour day yesterday and being overtired couldn't get to sleep last night. My usual waking hour of 4:30 rolled around and I just kept my eyes closed after a quick deco at the alarm clock, but Alice decided it was time for Dad to get up and started running back and forth across the bed. After about 15 minutes of this I finally dropped the old size 11's on the floor and headed for the catfood bowl.

In cat fashion once she had finished the contents of the bowl, Alice came over to see if there was anymore coming. Once we had gone through the morning ritual of "you're just gonna' have to wait till dinner time", she rolled around on the carpet for a few minutes just to imbed some more hair in it. Happy in the knowledge that her work for the morning was done, she trotted off to my bed, where she curled up dead center and is now happily snoozing.

I am working my way through a pot of coffee and scratching. Skeeter season seems to be in full swing and the lace effect screens in my apartment are letting the little devils in, in droves. I was apparently the buffet for the evening. Naturally, among the top stories in the news this morning are reports of cases of West Nile virus and Eastern Equine encephalitis! If I was awake enough I'm sure I could work my way into a frantic state of hypochondria, but it seems like to much effort right now. Maybe later.

It is time to head off to the shower and work, no doubt with hilarious results.

I'm not sure who's scripting my life but I suspect it's one of those hacks who write teen comedies for Disney. You know, the ones that are are suppose to be hilarious, but are merely lame. I'm going to send off a memo to the script dept. and have the bastard fired. As soon as I can find a pen that doesn't leak.