Friday, August 18, 2006

Gay fat

In the afternoons we have an undergradute that comes in to help out with the office. He's a nice straight kid, who has come from a fairly conservative, and sheltered background. Buttermonkey and I consequently are treating him to insights into what goes on in other parts of the culture.

The other day we got into a discussion about weight. Finally, the student said to Buttermonkey,
"Your just one of those skinny guys who thinks their fat."

Buttermonkey: "You don't get it. I'm gay fat!"

Me: After a moment, "Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm gay fat too."

Buttermonkey: "OMG! That means I'm really gay obese. Maybe gay morbidly obese.... no wait that's like one step below being a bear."

It makes me feel all warm inside to know I'm helping, in my small way, to form the minds of the young and impressionable.