Saturday, May 17, 2008

It's about 6:30 and I am sitting in a Starbuck's on Columbus Circle. I am a creature of habit and by the time 5:00 a.m. rolled around, my eyes were open. No matter that I stayed up way past my bed time last night.

Father Tony has already posted about the excellent lunch that Stash organized at Casa Mono.

Last night, we all gathered at the HK Lounge where there were more bloggers than you could shake a stick at. I got to say hello to people I have met before and also meet some guys I only know from online. Among those that I met for the first time last night were CB from Minneapolis and Eddie from Philadelphia and Little David from here in NYC.

Needless to say, I forgot my camera at the hotel, but I can assure you there will be plenty of pictures posted. A lot of camera flashes were going off all evening.

One observation I have to make is that I was the shortest blogger there. This was brought to my attention by Father T. and Eddie. They were both thrilled not to be the shortest men in the room. I am not sure if this means I am the Mayor of Munchkinland or if I represent the lollipop league? Regardless, it is a distinction and as such, I'll take it.

At any rate like a troupe of rather bedraggled Cinderella's, Stash, CB, RG and I got in a cab at midnight and headed off to our various destinations in order to turn into pumpkins.

But as I said, old habits die hard. I am used to being awake at an ungodly hour, so here I am, in a Starbuck's killing some time and watching the city start to wake up. The day is already promising to be a vast improvement on yesterday. Bright blue skies traded in for the relentless drizzle of yesterday.

Not too much else to say at the moment. I am sure I will be writing more before the weekend is over and hopefully I'll be posting some pictures.