Monday, December 31, 2007

Rain, Sleet, Snow, Kiss

When I got up this morning at my usual ungodly hour, it was sleeting out. I went through the usual ritual, though at a slightly more leisurely pace having the day off. A little later than usual I headed out to the gym and the sleet had turned to snow.

The workout went well. Better than usual in that I didn't feel rushed to get to work on time. Hot shower and then out the door to go home and the snow had turned to rain.

I decided to forgo my usual walk home from the gym and take the train back to my neck of the woods. The sidewalks and streets are covered with a thin layer of treacherous slush and I didn't feel up for a half hour of sliding down the sidewalks in the freezing rain.

Jumping off the train at Hynes, I crossed Mass Ave and as I got to Boylston and turned the corner a 55 bus made an unscheduled stop. It was a handsome driver that I have been flirting with, off and on for months, waving me over to the bus. I got on board and we exchanged pleasantries as the strange route back to my neighborhood wound its way through, just the two of us on the otherwise deserted bus.

Finally, the bus stopped at the corner of Jersey and Queensbury. With a huge grin on his face he said, "Come here." Leaning over he grabbed the back of my head and pulled me into a kiss. Then releasing me he said, "Happy New Year."

I did the only things I could in the circumstance and throwing my maidenly reserve to the wind. I pulled him into another kiss and then wished him a Happy New Year as well.

Maybe I'm getting old, but that was one of the sexiest things that has happened to me in a long time.