Sunday, February 25, 2007

Off the wagon

I am suppose to be on this diet.

weight training days 165 grams of carbs daily no more than 35 per meal,,,,,, x4 = 140 calories every three hours

non weight training days / or cardio only 125 grams daily same principle

protein sources at this point,,,, meat, egg whites or whey, fish only / no yogurt! too high in carbs and too low in protein

protein 165-200 grams daily no more than 45 per meal every 3 hours

FAT PEANUT BUTTER MINIMALLY AS NEEDED FOR SOME ENERGY AND TO KILL HUNGER!

eat as many green veggies, no oil! as you want plain

water 1 gallon daily!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mulit 2x daily

b complex 1-2 daily

1000 mgs c daily

This is the diet I got in my email from Le Soigneur.

However, I went out for some low rent retail with C yesterday. We went to Ocean State Job Lot, an outlet store which, in the words of C, carries everything from the ridiculous to the sublime. Yesterday alone I saw some very slick stainless steel German bathroom scales and some fake silk artificial flowers. I am still wondering at the strangeness of something that is artificially artificial. Sort of the decorative equivalent of a knock off of a Hostess Twinkie. There is something wonderfully cheesy about the place and there is a smoke damaged odor to it that brings up memories of the Army Navy stores I haunted when I was a teenager. After buying seeds for the garden, zinnias for some reason are going to feature large in this years annual beds, and some extremely cheap sweatshirts, once again for gardening purposes we headed back to town. C suggested picking up lunch from Canto 6, a great little bakery/sandwich shop in JP. So, rather than having skinless chicken breast and brown rice, I had roast beef on ciabatta, with blue cheese, mayo and arugula, and pistachio shortbread for dessert. To further complicate, I am meeting Mike for brunch, (provided he remembers) and I seriously doubt I am going to be seeking out the lo-cal option. I seem to have had a delayed reaction to being allowed to eat anything I wanted earlier in the week and not really wanting to, and now living the high life this weekend. Maybe it is delayed reaction to a tough work week. I don't feel particularly rebellious, or discouraged about the way things are going in my workout/diet life. Maybe it was just timing. My schedule for a needed R&R and my life's schedule not coinciding. At any rate, I doubt I will do all that much damage, and come tomorrow I will be ready to face some rather dull fare for the next few weeks.

I deserve a break. I have been putting up with a fair amount of crazy at work, and last night had to put up with a certain amount of crazy from the maternal unit over the phone. It is Sunday morning the sun is shining, the birds are singing and there is hope that things will turn another corner and life will start marching down a quieter street. In the meantime, I'm thinking Eggs Benedict.