Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The memo must have gone out.

I snuck out for coffee this afternoon with La Simpatica. She needed a break from her boss/office mate and I just needed a break. We went over to the Dunkin' Donuts (hey, nothin' but the best for us) and were kibitzing about life, over iced coffee while holding a bench down.

As we were sitting there, I happened to notice an undergrad passing our way. What caught my eye were the facts that 1) he had really nice auburn hair. 2) he was cute and built (believe me not all that common on our campus) and 3) the dirty little urchin was checking me out.

I thought I might be deluding myself, 'cause my admirer looked barely old enough to vote and probably wasn't old enough to drink legally. So, I looked over my shoulder after he'd passed and he was rubbernecking in my direction.

I turned to La Simpatica and said, "That dirty little boy was checking me out!"

She just laughed and said, "See, I told you!"

I was beginning to wonder if she was channeling RG.

I thought about it for a second and said something to the effect that it might be flattering, but I was old enough to be the kids father, almost old enough to be his grandfather fer Chistsake.

This led to a discussion of why, as much fun as the younguns' are to look at, you really want someone with a few miles on 'em if you want good sex.

Still, word seems to have gone out that older, gray haired men are a must have on this years shopping list.

I will just have to keep my eyes open and hopefully, I'll catch someone who doesn't need a note from their mother checking me out.