Wednesday, January 17, 2007

New Toy

I just got my new laptop this morning. It is the low end MacBook, which is more than adequate to my needs, and yet has all sorts of cool toys, including a built in camera which I am having zero luck figuring out how to work. I know it is a case of duh!, since Apple tends to make things operate in such a way that even a chimp like myself can figure it out.

At any rate I am psyched. I am no longer tethered to my desk at home and I can join the rest of the maddened hoards surfin' away at the local coffee shop, though not I think at Charbuck's, who still charge for their wireless. There are several joints around town that allow patrons to mooch bandwith for free, and the coffee is better.

I also have a BPL card, so I can while away some time at the library if I so choose and irritate other library users. I don't know if it is actually a good thing to have one more communication device at hand. In some ways it seems to defeat the purpose of getting out of the house to get away from people who might be able to catch me at home, though my cell phone is making that nearly impossible as it is. Deep sigh. Regardless, I intend to enjoy my new toy until the new wears off. Who knows, maybe I'll figure out how to use the camera eventually.